High-Quality Water-Based Printing
When it comes to custom t-shirts, it’s the ink that makes all the difference. At Marathon Sportswear, we are revolutionizing the screen printing industry one shirt at a time. With decades of experience printing more than 100 million shirts, we’ve developed a water-based printing solution that effectively combats the challenges of many other water based ink methods.
Introducing Marathon’s Hydro Water Base Ink—the screen printing industry’s best water-based alternative.
Marathon Hydro is a proprietary water based ink that has a much thinner base structure than our plastisol ink base. When mixed with pigments, softeners, reducers and bleaching agents, Hydro not only deposits a much thinner, softer print on our shirts, it also simultaneously bleaches out the dye color of the garment it is being printed on. This ensures a brighter print color without the need of a heavy underlay print. This premium ink and printing technique yield a soft, worn, matte look that pairs extremely well with our Vintage Blend Tee, The MSV1980.
Hydro ink is a premium ink and not necessarily the best option for every garment or project. See below for a quick comparison of our new Hydro water base vs our traditional multi-purpose plastisol base ink.
Plastisol – Industry Standard:
- Bright, vibrant print
- Easy to use, best value
- Ideal for exact PMS color match
- Prints on top of shirt fibers
- Versatile: best or only option for many materials(polyester, nylon) and some garment colors(kelly green, royal blue, purple)
- Premium vintage look and soft feel(feels softer after each wash)
- Muted or matte print
- Holds fine detail
- Best for distressed or worn-out logos
- Penetrates into the shirt fibers
- Ideal ink for Marathon Vintage Tee(MSV1980)
- Limited to certain garment materials(cotton and some cotton blends) and garment colors(bleaching process does not work well on kelly green, royal blue or purple)